<VV> Universal Engine Block

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:36:00 EDT 2011

In August 1968, I had a new motor installed in my 63 Convertible.  The car was totaled in the early 70s.  I still have the motor.  The block number is T0117XX0.  It has the dipstick for a car.  It also has what appears to be a freeze plug in the area where the hole would be for a FC filler/dipstick.

For general information the motor cost was $510.90, gaskets $6.55 (I think my heads were used).  The labor was $68.80.  Two rebuilt carbs were $32.70 with $7.00 labor.  A fuel pump was $8.50 and $4.20 labor.  Cleaning the fuel tank was $7.00!  Sugar had been added to the gas tank by mischievous neighboring boy spouts while on a camping trip.  Furnishing and installing the convertible top was $96.00.  Five quarts of Uniflo oil was $4.25

I realized the top was cut but did not notice the sugar additive.  It does not work any better than H2O!

Ray Davis

Survived an Earthquake, Severe Thunderstorm & Hurricane, all in the same week!

P Think Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.