<VV> Electric Corvairs

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 12:52:29 EST 2011

How will "they" be able to add road taxes to your electric bill since lots
of people will be using NO electricity for car usage?  At least with
gasoline, almost ALL of it is used to power vehicles for road use.   However, it
will take separate meters to differentiate electricity that is used  for
vehicle use from electricity used to power electric heaters, A/C,  dishwashers,
refrigerators, dryers, et al.

If lithium-ion batteries are so long lived, then why do the ones we use in
our laptops die out after 4 or 5 years?  The first one I got with my Dell
lasted a little over 4 years and the second one is already down almost 40%
in  capacity after about 3 years of use.  My usage is primarily plugged into
120 volts AC with only very occasional use on only the Li-ion battery.
What aging experience do the rest of you get with the Li-ion batteries in
your laptops??????????

Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 11/30/2011 10:31:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,