<VV> 65-66 turn signal switches

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 10:17:48 EST 2011

I've been having Turn Signal switch woes for years on my 65 Monza.

Original had one brake light not lighting.
Thgose brittle springs inside the mechanism.
Signal yes, brake light no.

Put one in out of an old column.
Had to "hold" signal lever to make work, both directions.

Bought a new re-production, not Clarks, but I'm guessing same manufacturer.
Kept having no light situation.
Small springs were coming out of place.

Bought reproduction from Clarks, now have to "hold" lever when making a right.

I beleive faulty design from day one, so the re-pros are not much better.

Gary Swiatowy