<VV> 1961 Corvair 95 Loadside for sale in Lambertville NJ - Someone please save this truck!

dave at arborlea.com dave at arborlea.com
Tue Dec 6 11:28:03 EST 2011

You just never know what you'll come across along the road.  Saw this
'61 Loadside yesterday evening, and went back to take pictures this
morning.  Yep - a Loadside!!!  With a gas heater!

Someone please save this odd-ball!  It's much too solid to scrap or
just let go.

It seems to be a largely original 32k mile example. Gas heater,
Originally a 3-speed, currently a 4-speed.  Later car engine from who
knows what.  Runs, drives, but no brakes currently.  Very straight and
remarkably rust free other than the center of the bed and rockers along
the center of the bed.  Apparently sat for some time with water under
the plywood flooring - really a shame as the rest of the truck is really
very solid.  Seat is even in good shape, seemingly supporting the 32k
miles on the odo.  Has the support metal for the original plywood floor,
but the wood is long gone.

I spoke to the guy selling it.  He's a part-time repair guy who has
been directed to get rid of it for the current owner who has lost
interest in restoring it.  He resealed the engine, got it running, and
is trying to sell it quickly.  He has an offer of $2k for it from a
local restaurant owner who wants to park it out front as advertising
(No, I'm not making this up!).  I have no interest or time for another
project, or any other knowledge of this truck or it's history - just
passing it along.

The link to the pictures:  http://photobucket.com/1961-Corvair-Loadside

Truck is parked on Rt 179 outside of Lambertville NJ, just across from
Chris' Auto Body (1409 Route 179, Lambertville NJ).  Fellow selling is
Steve and can be reached on his cell at 215-534-4151.  He really wants
to sell it by this weekend, so I'd advise moving quickly if you're
interested.

Let me know if someone picks this up.

Dave