<VV> 1941 Chrysler Turning Radius

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 14:15:02 EST 2011

                                              B"H

If I recall, Nash had enclosed wheels as well, especially the "bathtub" Nashes of the postwar era.

George Mason insisted that they looked sleek, and that did limit the turning radius of a car with lots of otherwise good qualities.

Speaking of AMC, the two best-riding cars I've ever been in:

1.  1966 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon - 199 Six with automatic
    (owned 1971-76)
2.  1966 Corvair Monza Sport Sedan - 110 PG, NO KIDDING! (current car)

Honestly, this '66 Monza just glides over potholes and ruts!  I am VERY impressed by the ride of this little limo, and I've owned some pretty big cars, like 1980s Crown Vic and Grand Marquis, I've driven Lincoln Town Cars and ridden in big Oldsmobiles and Buicks.

Even my wife admits the car rides nice and smoothly.

I'm having a 4 wheel alignment and brakes done, hopefully this will fix the handling issues I've been having.  The engine is running much better since I did the "rev with your hand over the carb" trick, but the carbs still need work...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C