<VV> Re 64 GREENBRIER WITH ROLL BARS HEADED TO CRUSHER SOON

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Dec 10 13:02:41 EST 2011

My 64 greenbrier from hell is about (I hope!)  ready to leave  here.
i never had such a ball of rust to part out before. I have parted out a lot
 of corvairs in the last 50 years!
Anyhow the thing i feel bad about is the roll bars in it. I have no use for
 them , and ran out of acetylene this morning removing the boomerang and
other  steering linkage. Refilling is not in my schedule until after the
holidays , and  i was hoping to get this thing outta here before heavy snow hits.
Every part on  this vehicle has fought me tooth and nail . i just dragged
the powertrain out  from under it to try to get apart.
So if anybody close enough to Memphis NY (between exit 39 and 40 ) wants
these extremely rare rollbars , come and get them. It will be a fight , there
is  factory undercoat and rust on all bolts under there , I have a good air
supply ,  and electric near it , just my body is done fighting this thing
for now. I want  the front bumper , and windshield , other than that ....it
is just too much for  me now. i did get a lot of things i needed from it , so
the loss is not as bad  as i thought it would be.
Any takers? i think the bars were installed at dealer when new (Rochester
NY dealer).
I can take more pictures if needed. just hate to waste those very rare?
roll bars. .
actually if someone wanted to take the whole thing away that works also. it
 does NOT roll good , no steering linkage under it either.
Regards, Tim Colson