<VV> BRAKE PULL

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Dec 11 06:46:30 EST 2011

The first thing I do to any older  car I plan on driving is rebuild  all
cylinders , replace all hoses and tubing , put a fairly coarse cut on the
brake drums , and use silicone fluid.  After taking a few apart , i think  you
will share my thoughts on this. If this has been done , and a pull in one
direction (not random pull in either direction , indicating a cylinder
hanging  up/dragging internally ) try just swapping the front brake drums. If that
swaps  the pull , return them , making sure you turn both to same exact
diameter. If  that does not do it , take cylinders off and try again. this is
assuming you did  the other work also (no obvious pinched lines , or OLD
hoses)
An old hose can collapse internally , and look fine outside.
Also , check shoes for greasy hand prints and uneven shine. do a coarse
sandpaper on shoes and wash with brake clean solvent. Don't forget to clean
and  lube the 3  pads on the baking plate where shoes ride.
Regards, Tim Colson