<VV> BRAKE QUESTION

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Dec 11 06:54:14 EST 2011

I plan on a complete rebuild of the brake system on my rampside this winter
 along with tons of other work. I have a set of metallic shoes for one axle
,  from my early corvette days. Thoughts were to put them on the rear ,
because the  rear shoes tend to got heat stress cracks. Stops great , but I do
quite a bit of  thruway type driving and also carry some loads with it.
Any thoughts on this idea? Last time i did all the work on it was in the
EARLY eighties , so I want it perfect again. I had to replace rear shoes once
,  and one shoe unbonded last year. There is no dragging , stops even , but
rear  shoes seem to look like road maps. Any old chevy stuff have finned
drums that  might fit?
Regards , Tim Colson