<VV> 100 Octane Gas at Irving

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Mon Dec 12 12:39:44 EST 2011

VVers:

I filled up my car over the weekend and went to an "Irving" gas
station...I believe this chain is unique to eastern Canada and New
England.  I first saw them in Maine several years ago and they began a
few years ago to expand "down" into Rhode Island.

When I pulled up to the brand spanking new pump at the brand spanking
new Irving station in Portsmouth, RI, I noticed that the pump had 100
octane unleaded gas available.  I thought, "Jeez, my Corvairs are going
to like *that*!"  Then I noticed that the price was $9.58 per gallon(!).

I talked to the store manager and he said they can barely keep it in
stock in the summer months.  He said in addition to classic car guys,
motorcyclists can't get enough of it.

Perhaps after I've tuned my Corvair next time ... and I'm low on gas ...
and it's near Father's day ... and I'm feeling like a treat ... I'll put
a few gallons in to see.

Steven "until then, 93 octane at $3.75 a gallon will continue to work
just fine" Serenska

'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4, off the road next weekend
'66 Corsa Coupe, still needs a new passenger side muffler