<VV> push rod tube seals replaced, four still leaking

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 14:28:59 EST 2011

I have found that I can actually move the
pushrod tubes in and out a little bit, and one feels so loose at the head
end that you'd think there was no seal on it at all (can jiggle it back and
forth).

     Are the pushrod tubes supposed to actually supposed to be sandwiched
tightly between the head and block or not?  I thought the rocker gizmo's
pressed tightly up against them but I can actually move these inboard or
outboard maybe 1/16th of an inch and they don't self center when I release
them.

  Yes!!  the holes are tapered.. they must be pinched by the plates...

If your plates are flat...and you don't have an extra O-ring  behind them... then get more tubes.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages