<VV> push rod tubes (solved I think)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 15:30:15 EST 2011

Ray,
Bet you a dollar you have the pushrod tubes installed backwards.
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 12/13/2011 12:52:53 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
corvairgrymm at gmail.com writes:

I'm  pretty sure I know what I did.  It seems I managed to put some of  the
guide plates on backward.  I had forgotten they had a front and  back until
I pulled a valve cover trying to figure this out and saw the "U"  showing on
the guide plate holding in one of the leaking push tubes.   I'll go check
the manual but I believe the U should be on the head side and  not visible
when installed.  I can see that the guide plate isn't  pushing up against
the push tubes at all.

I was careful to make sure  the parts all went back exactly where they were
but didn't pay attention to  which side of those things was up and which was
down....   DOH!