<VV> Pushrod tube bores

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 17:56:01 EST 2011

I have engineering drawings of heads and blocks and there is no taper to the
O-ring bores.  There is a big chamfer to help get the O-ring compressed but
once the tube is in place it is in a straight bore and floats back and forth
between the block shoulder and the steel pushrod guide.  Maybe Ray has the
wrong O-rings that aren't being squeezed enough.  I second the suggestion to
use a socket to seat the tubes in place before the plates are installed.
Tubes go short end to the block, plates go "U" out and make sure the
pushrods have the side oil hole out to lube the rocker balls.
Clark Hartzel