<VV> 63 Spyder air cleaners are black!

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:12:23 EST 2011

This is what the available data tells me.  I've learned of five examples of
63 Spyders that are known for certain to have had black air cleaners when
new, and I have a copy of an ad for a 63 Spyder which also shows a black
air cleaner housing.

So far, though a number of people have said that they are chrome, nobody
has come up with a car (63) they have known since new that had a chrome air
cleaner.  I'll be interested and somewhat happy to hear if someone can 100%
confirm a 63 that came with a chrome housing.

Also the parts catalog shows the 62 and 63 housings as the same part
number, while the 64 unit is a different part number and is about 70% more
expensive.

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA