<VV> Black 63 Spyder Aircleaners

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Dec 16 12:47:55 EST 2011

Smitty Says;  Curiosity is one thing, but really how important is it to know
whether they were all painted or chrome unless you are having a problem with
the classifier at a National Convention concours.  Who cares?  What is in it
for you?
Years ago in the Early days of CORSA NC there was a man with a 63 convert he
was showing in the "stock, original" class.  He had bought the car new and
it had never been to a mechanic.  It had a 64 type Mag fan on it.  He and
the classifying judges were upset almost to the point of fisticuffs over
whether the fan was stock on the car.  Outside of that gentleman and the
small group of dissenting judges, who really cares and how important is it
to make a liar out of him.  Do I think the fan was original.  Yes.    Do I
know if a number of chrome 64 aircleners made it onto some 63s ?  No!  Do I
think it is necessary to go on and on about the subject when nobody can
prove one way or the other?  No.
I am sure the Chrome aircleaner was one of the first visual upgrades a 63
owner would make after he saw the 64s.  I would have (and did) on all my
Early Spyders.
One can collect all the data from the liers, posers, the well intentioned,
etc. he wants to, but unless he can track that one car from the assembly
line to today's owner, it still stands that 63 Spyders had painted
aircleaners.