<VV> Research Value WAS Black 63 Spyder Aircleaners

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Dec 16 17:43:01 EST 2011

While it may seem tedious to chase a detail like this, there is value in establishing, as close as possible, original specs even though many do not think it worthwhile for just a Corvair.  The exact date of the change may never be established but Ray has presented some hard evidence.  Remember, at the start of this thread there were highly knowledgable persons that believed that the 62s were black and the 63s were chrome ... and it may have had something to do with either leftover or excess stock of parts or even crankcase ventilation!

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.