<VV> [fastvair] 2012 Mitty- Hotel Recommendations

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 19 07:23:54 EST 2011

  Jonathan,
  There are a number of hotels close to the track. When we first went down I looked for the closest hotel to the track. At that time I found a nice Comfort Inn in Oakwood, twenty minutes from the track. It is off the Mundy Mill Rd. exit on I-985 Atlanta Gainseville Rd. loop. We have used it all three years and like it. It sets back off the main road so your tow rig is not readily seen which is on Sunday night only as we leave it at the track. They have a nice breakfast too. We stay five nights which this year worked out to $89/night including all taxes, etc. There are probably others and some new or cheaper ones around but, being creatures of habit we like it. Another advantage is, it's within walking distance to Sonnys Barbeque where by tradition we gather on Sunday evening with the Levine/Reeve crew ( and anyone else that wants to) for our farewell meal. Oh, almost forgot an important perk. The room comes with a hair dryer which I always look for! GGG!
  I predict we will have more than ten race prepped Corvairs on track in 2012. Its gonna be historic!

  Rick Norris
  #36 Sunoco Corvair
  www.corvairalley.com

  To all you Mitty regulars.  Southwest is advertising fares to Atlanta for $79, and as such I'd like to come down and cheer the Corvair contingency on.  Could any of you guys recommend hotel options, or nearby towns that would be close to the action that would be good areas to look for a hotel.

  Thanks,
  Jonathan Kendig