<VV> Stock??? Can we reprint lclc's articles?

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Dec 19 12:34:43 EST 2011

If you're talking about Concours classification (I'm not sure that you are), then dealer options are allowed, but they have to be installed correctly per the directions, else they are considered not stock. For example, at the 1994 convention, I recall a fellow with a very nice station wagon that had a dealer-installed radio. He was certain that the radio had been there since the car left the dealer when sold new. The radio housing had not been painted but left in black or primer (can't remember which). This is incorrect per the instructions for that option so the car was held out of the stock class that the owner was shooting for.

--Kent