<VV> The Mitty, Its Gonna Be Historic! Schedule

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 19 11:52:27 EST 2011

Some have asked what is the best day to attend the coming (2012) Mitty Challenge.
Here are my recommendations.
If I only had one day to attend the Mitty it would be Saturday.  There are more spectators, some vendors only appear that day and some racers only run that day.

For future reference I have compiled an abbreviated schedule as it pertains to Corvairs ( from this years event 2011) which I'm sure will be the same next year (2012). All this is subject to running changes which will occur. The number of laps for each race was shortened this year to accommodate the large number of cars.  There are a lot of racing activities so, keep checking the HSR web site http://www.hsrrace.com/ for the latest info on cars, prep, classes, rules, schedules and forms.

Wednesday:
2:00 - 5:00 Registration.
5:00 - 9:00 This is our normal travel day. It is the earliest you can move in to the track, usually in late afternoon/ 5:00. Haulers, trailers and motorhomes will be lined up early waiting. This year it was crowded early. They had 400 plus cars entered.

Thursday:
7:00 - 5:00 Registration/Tech.  Note: There is a roving tech which will come around on a golf cart looking for cars that need teched.
7:45 - Test Day/Track Orient. Drivers Meeting. This is optional unless you are new to this track. You can also opt out if you have prior racing experience.
8:00 - 5:00 Test Day/Track Orientation.

Friday:
7:00 - 2:00 Reg/Tech.    Note: There is a roving tech which will come around on a golf cart looking for cars that need teched.
8:00 - 7:00 + Practice 1.
The Corvairs are in Gr 2 - Vintage Production (except for Mike Levine, who is A Sports Racer in group 7.)
9:55 Group 2, Vintage Production, Morning Practice = 25 min.

11:50 - 12:05 -  Lunch,  Track Touring. You can sign up for this and tour the track in your vehicle.
12:05 - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting.

3:05 Group 2, Vintage Production, Afternoon Practice = 25 min.

Saturday:
8:00 - 12:00 Reg/Tech.   Note: There is a roving tech which will come around on a golf cart looking for cars that need teched.
8:40 Qualifying, Group 2, Vintage Production = 25 min.

11:50 - 12:15 - Lunch/Track Touring.

Feature Race 1:
4:25 Feature Race, Group 2, Vintage Production = 30 min.

Sunday:
8:00 - 10:00 Registration.
10:00 - 12:00 Quiet Time - Lunch/Track Touring, Track Closed To All Open Exhaust.
10:00 Chapel Service.

Feature Race 2;
3:30 Feature Race, Group 2, Vintage Production = 30 min.

I will answer any questions you may have.

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com