<VV> Radio faceplates

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Wed Dec 21 18:36:01 EST 2011

Jason,
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/cooperj123/6551330635/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/cooperj123/6551331403/ The best way to explain this may be to share a photo of the faceplate.  I am not sure if it is for a 1960 or a 1961 or for what model.  As I said in my first post, it is smaller on the inside diameter as compared to the radio front face (i.e. the radio face will not go through this faceplate.)I have seen photos of the normal faceplate and it doesn't seem to have the inner "lip" like this one does, and that the red arrow is pointing to in my photos.  This may be something very common, but the previous Corvairs I have owned were a '63 and '64 Monza; both pushbutton radios.  This particular faceplate I haven't seen before.Bottom line is that I need to obtain the correct plate for my 1960 manual radio, it should be a part number 988062 radio and that I am curious as to what plate I actually have.I could trim it to fit but hate to do that I guess.Thanks!Jim  > From: jacesana1 at verizon.net