<VV> more on heads, large chamber 140's?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:43:31 EST 2011

Another thing on the head info in the tech guide.  There is one listing for
140 heads in the tech guide that has about 10cc larger combustion chamber
than all the others.  There is a notation that it used domed pistons, the
casting number is 3883820 (machining number 3883819).

This came to my attention mostly because there is currently a guy who
suffered a dropped valve seat that did a lot of damage and he discovered
that he had close to 60cc combustion chambers on his 140 heads which I
found very strange.  From what he says I guess one of them is destroyed but
if these heads really are out there wouldn't they be the best thing
available for a turbo car?  Larger valves with pretty much identical
combustion chamber size to the factory 180hp heads (for lower CR).  Are
these very rare?

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA