<VV> Electric Fuel Pump

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Tue Dec 27 12:51:01 EST 2011

> <<  I installed the pump with gas in the tank. It's messy, you'll get gas splashed on you when you are disconnecting the tank hose and installing the pump, but it can be done.>>
> If you first disconnect the inlet pipe from the mechanic pump and blow air (mouth is good enough) back to the tank, till you hear air bubbling in the tank, you will break the siphon around the tank thus, avoiding gas spillage when disconnecting the outlet tank hose.
> Daniel Monasterio
Here is a classic bit of "Don't ask me how I know".....

Daniel's suggestion is a good one, but he's missing a key first step:
Before you blow into the fuel supply line................REMOVE THE GAS
FILLER CAP.   This will allow you to hear the bubbling in the
tank.........BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY.........the pressure you blow into the
line won't cause the gas to come flying back out the line you just blew
into......

Did I say the words "don't ask me how I know?"

Steven "I said other words that day, too, one of which was 'Duh' " Serenska

'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4