<VV> SAWZALL BLADES

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Dec 28 11:33:03 EST 2011

I have been known to show up at a remote junkyard , with my rampy to remove
 a powertrain for salvage. I take a small 600 watt generator , the makita
sawzall  , and a chunk of heavy cardboard. I reach under , cut the mount
bolts after  removing (if saving) all cables etc , then cut it loose. Then i
drag it out from  under , take the transmission , and differential off , load
things in the rampy  with a handcart and head home. Most times less than an
hour involved. I have  used many methods over the years , but this works well
for me.
Plasma cutter is handy at times in the shop , but the torch and sawzall are
 my choice. more portability etc .
I guess I better post pictures of some of my escapades someday soon..
Regards, Tim Colson