<VV> Pintos and Corvairs

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Fri Dec 30 22:00:49 EST 2011

The early Mustang's and Mavericks had the same top of the gas tank is the
floor of the trunk as the Pinto's.  Why weren't they subject to the same
scorn? A simple fire wall over the tank or behind the rear seat would have
solved the problem, but it either one would have cost a couple bucks.

While I was in High School and had my 63 102/4 Club Coupe and 55 Series 1
Chevy pickup. My brother just bought a new 70 Maverick, his union went on
strike and he couldn't afford to make the payments.  My parents agreed to
pick up the insurance if I made the payments so I bought it.  It had 205,000
miles on it when I sold it.  I'd put three or four sets of valves seals in
it.  I did change the starter drive twice.  The first on failed, the second
one exploded and made a hole through the bell housing and the third one
worked just fine after I replaced the bell housing.

Damn I wish I still had that 55 pickup...

You can't get me to say anything bad about that 70 Maverick.  It was a damn
good car and most cars of its area didn't live to 100,000 miles

dp