<VV> Experts

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Dec 31 20:45:33 EST 2011

At 01:20 PM 12/31/2011, David B. Neale wrote:
>"Look at Corvairs, STILL getting flak from "experts" who are nothing
>of the sort but they get believed anyway. tony "
>
>I was advised many years ago that, with regard to 'Experts', an 'Ex'
>is a has-been and a 'spert' is a drip under pressure. Of course,
>this works more correctly verbally than in print, but you'll get the
>drift, as we might say. In the case of Corvairs, the definition is
>admirably suited to a great many of the vehicle's detractors.  May I
>wish a hearty Happy New Year to each and every one of you, and to
>your families and friends; may 2012 be a healthy, peaceful and
>proseperous year.
>
>David

And a Happy New Year to you, since it's already Jan 1st there now.    :)

>Still wishing I had never unzipped the rear window on MY '65 Monza
>140HP 4-speed convertible, which now flatly refuses to be re-zipped.
>Leicestershire, England.

Bee's wax...?    Heat it up, then brush it onto the zipper, let it
cool, then try the zipper again.   Old car fanatic once told me
this...   I used a toilet bowl gasket remnant I'd kept in some foil
to grease up the zipper in the '65 ragtop's previous top, and it worked.

tony..