<VV> 1968 110HP Engine = Crappy Gas Mileage

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 15:58:45 EST 2011

HI Tom,

IF the engine pulls good , it is probably not the distributor , but , I still suggest you look there first. Check the distributor # with one of the ,"PURISTS" on this site [they have all that info]. I ran across several " California Distributors" back in the day. IF your engine had a smog pump on it I am very suspicious. Replacing it with a distributor with a good ,"CURVE" in it [or modifying yours] may solve the problem....
Bob - Moonpie Racing