<VV> Corvair Parts Auction in New Jersey

Vairtec Corporation vairtec at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 15:07:16 EST 2011

The NJ Association of Corvair Enthusiasts' annual indoor Parts Auction
is scheduled for Saturday, February 19, indoors at Ashley's Auto Body on
Hillside Avenue in Flanders, New Jersey.  All interested persons are
invited to attend.

At this event, new and used Corvair parts are sold at auction, with a
10% commission of the sale price going to the club treasury.  You may
bring parts to sell, you may buy, or you may do both!

Lunch is included at no charge!

Directions appear below.  Here is what you need to know to fully enjoy
the day:

First, plan on making a day of it.  Due to the nature of how the auction
operates, it is not possible to process any buyers or sellers until the
auction is completed.  We begin the bidding at 11 AM, take a pizza break
at 12:30, resume the bidding at 1 PM, and finish up typically around
2:30 PM.  Only at that time can we tally the sales, collect from the
buyers, and pay the sellers.

Second, plan on getting there early.  We'll open the doors at 9:30 AM,
to allow time to tag and display any parts you are selling, and to allow
you to peruse the parts being offered.

If you're selling, you will need to fill out a Lot Card for each part or
group of parts being sold individually, so please allow sufficient time
to do this before the start of bidding.

If you are buying -- or even if you think you are not buying -- you will
be issued a Bidder Number by which the auction desk will track all
purchases.

We ask that items being offered be limited to Corvair parts or
Corvair-related items, only.  Typically we have upwards of 200 lots to
get through, so we are not able to deal with items outside of this
parameter.

Also, we ask that you not bring more than one of the same item to sell.
It is difficult to sell, in an auction setting, multiples of the same
thing.  You can, however, sell multiple items in a  "lot." You could
offer, say, one lot of six oil filters, instead of six individual oil
filters.

Remember that only quality items sell easily, and that greasy, rusty
junk will not only not sell, our very picky auctioneers may not even try
to sell it!  Bent and broken pieces have limited appeal.

The club will deduct a 10% commission on all sales.  You may also donate
items for the full benefit of the club.

Again, the doors open at 9:30 AM for setup, on Saturday, February 19,
rain, snow, or shine!

Directions to
Ashley's Auto Body
274 Hillside Avenue, Flanders, NJ

- From I-80, take Exit 27 for Rt 206 South.
Follow Rt 206 South, to the traffic light at Main Street.  This is the
third traffic light from I-80 and comes up after the entrance to the
Oakwood Village apartments on the left.  Turn left onto Main Street from
the left turn lane, which will give you a green arrow.  Then follow the
directions below.

- From I-287/I-78 and south, take Rt 206 North.
Follow Rt 206 North, to the traffic light at Main Street.  This is the
traffic light just beyond  "The After" roadside restaurant on your
right.  Turn right onto Main Street and follow the directions below:

- From Rt 206 at Main Street, follow Main Street a short distance and
bear left onto North Road.  There is no street sign for North Road, so
look for the sign that directs you to Route 10 - Succasunna.  Follow
North Road, which will become Hillside Avenue once you cross the
railroad.  Continue on Hillside Avenue to Ashley's Auto Body on the
left.  Parking is available both in the body shop lot and across the street.