<VV> Econorun thoughts (long)

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 10:56:19 EST 2011

SO U THINK HYBRIDS ARE NEW !!!!!

There were plans out from ,"Mother Earth News" or " Popular Mechanics" [maybe], during the last ,"Gas Crisis" ['70s] for making an electric vehicle using a Opel, ... VW,... or Corvair. IT had a starter motor from a J-47 jet engine for power. IT was a ,"Hybrid", using a ,"Briggs" and an alternator to recharge the batteries. When you ,"FLOORED" it , it went to full power [batteries and alternator]. AS I recall it was pretty straight forward in design , except for the variable speed control switch built with hardware store , and ,"Radio Shack" parts. The guy that designed that switch was a real genius......
Bob
P.S. There were also plans for making a "STILL" for alternative fuel. Hope everybody realizes they are paying ,"New Millinium" prices for ,"OLD SCHOOL" technology .