<VV> WTB Corvair aluminum dunebuggy headers

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Feb 7 00:23:14 EST 2011

At 01:12 PM 2/6/2011, Larry Forman wrote:
>Hi,
>I am looking for a set of aluminum Corvair dunebuggy headers.   I
>believe they were made by EICO, but I could be wrong about that.   They
>are VERY close to the down pipes and then turn right angles and head
>straight back.   They are not usable on regular Corvairs as they would
>hit the body or rear grill.    Perfect for a dunebuggy.   Must be aluminum.

You do know they don't hold up very well if you expect performance
type outputs from the engine.   In hard use they tend to soften and
distort and loosen.   They were made by EELCO, not EICO.   EELCO was
the company with the "foot" logo.

I bet somebody has a pair they have been sitting on for
decades.   But they likely won't get off of them cheap.  Those things
show up on Ebay now and again and usually bring three figure sums.

tony..