<VV> 5th Annual Hemmings New England Concours

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Feb 8 07:54:04 EST 2011

We had a very nice Corvair turnout at last year's event at
Stratton Mountain Resort in Vermont. This year the dates
are July 15th through the 17th, just a week before the
CORSA Convention out in Denver. Festivities start with
registration and a cruise-in at the Hemmings' corporate
offices and Sunoco Gas Station in downtown Bennington, VT.
Next up is a Road Rally up to the Concours site at
Stratton Mountain. Saturday is the cruise-in at the resort
and then Sunday is the invitation-only Concours d'Elegance
activity on the lawn there.

For $20 anybody can be a part of the cruise-in and judged
show on Saturday. Sunday's event is limited to those who
submitted a request and were accepted by the Hemmings
Staff.

Is anybody interested in attending this year? I've been in
touch with the Hemmings Staff concerning the Fitch Sprint
article that appeared recently in the Hemmings Classic Car
publication. Seems they want me to bring the Zabriskie
Monza to the show this year. This is the April 2010 Cover
Car from the CORSA Communique and has been certified by
the AACA as a stock, unrestored and preserved "HPOF"
vehicle. It is a 1963 Monza four door sedan with only
16,700 miles on it since new. Even my pal Larry Claypool
would be hard pressed to find something non-original on
this car!

Another bit of information; Editor-in-Chief Richard
Lentinello is preparing to write a book about unrestored
original condition Corvairs and is looking for examples to
feature. Any takers? Contact me off-list if you have any
good leads. Thanks! - Caveman Pete in snowy Western PA