<VV> Pink Stinger

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Wed Feb 9 13:41:00 EST 2011

Ray:  Donna raced two Stingers which were painted pink, including the one
she drove in the 1968 12 hr of Sebring.  Motorsport journalist and
photographer Pete Lyons (www.petelyons.com) will sell you a color photo his
father took of Donna's Stinger at that race.  With permission, I used it, in
B&W form, in the Jan 2010 Retrospective about her after she departed this
life as we know it in Oct 2009.  Pete's photo was also used in a article in
Vintage Motorsport magazine about her, but I don't know the issue date off
the top of my head.  It is also in Mark Gillespie's book, the Yenko Era.

I have also seen a picture from early 1966 of her in a white w/blue hooded
Stinger.  Don't know if that car was painted pink later on, or if it a
different car.  I think this was the car she drove at Sebring 1966, which
DNFed after one lap.

She was quite a woman.

Historically Yours,
			James