<VV> Cylinder assemblies vs Pistons/rings + rebore

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Thu Feb 10 14:58:37 EST 2011

Perhaps this question is premature, since I haven't yet had the chance
to take my engine apart (I need to use my limited Corvair time to repair
my snowblower since we're having a ridiculous amount of snow in Boston
this winter).... but does anyone on the list have insight as to the
wisdom of buying new piston/cylinder assemblies from Clark's vs just
getting oversized pistons/rings and having my existing cylinders
rebored? It seems as though the difference in price for the parts is a
few hundred dollars, but how much does reboring cost?

Also, what of the "full fin" cylinders available from Clark's? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Karl in buried Boston
www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog