<VV> Too Much Oil In Engine?

chieftam at aol.com chieftam at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 17:33:05 EST 2011

OK great guru's, a question for you.  I have heard and read about the evils of having too much oil in an engine and have often wondered what actually happens to a Corvair engine (or other V designs) that has too much oil added to the crankcase.  What happens?  What is damaged?  I am assuming that various dipsticks can read differently, or can "slip" causing inaccurate measurements.  Just how much "extra oil" does is take to cause the problems; 1/4 quart, 1/2 quart, 1 quart, 2 quarts,????

Enquiring Minds
Todd in MN