<VV> Too Much Oil In Engine?

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 19:51:02 EST 2011

 At some point, the crank will whip the oil into a froth, and there will be a substantial increase not just in viscous drag on the crank, but all that added air reduces the effectiveness of the oil as a lubricant and coolant. Plus, it may spew into the PCV system, cause lifter problems, etc. Also, if it goes above the pushrod tubes, the valve covers will flood, and potentially get all kinds of oil down the valve stems.

If it stays below the 'windage tray' in the crankcase, things should be OK.

John Roberts