<VV> 1968 110HP Engine = Crappy Gas Mileage

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:03:30 EST 2011

An UPDATE:

 Here's the latest report. Last night Victoria filled her tank and we
calculated a mileage figure of 16 mpg. That's the best it's been since we
got the car on the road. This is with Seth's wires (borrowed from an EM)
installed to each plug, but not to the coil. The right set for this car
showed up a couple days ago, so we'll put them on tonight.

The next thing I'll try is replacing the muffler since she told me the car
ran better when the muffer had slipped off a few weeks ago. Then I'll try
installing a Pertronix I unit I've got sitting on the shelf. Finally, I'm
rebuilding a pair of 95 HP heads, I may install to replace the '68 smog ones
that are currently on it.

--
Tom in Baltimore
corvairfleet.blogspot.com