<VV> 61-63 Motor Mount for A/C Cars

lechevrier at earthlink.net lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 17:29:25 EST 2011

> The whole setup for  1961-63 cars w/ A/C is identical to the standard 1964 setup.

Maybe not quite "identical" -- The 64 motor mount is positioned somewhat differently, vertically, than the earlier mounts (I think it is a touch lower, but am not sure -- the plate that goes in the back of the motor mount has it's holes in a slightly different location in 64) but otherwise the difference for the A/C cars is the more rearward position of the bolt on the bottom, to match the deep-dished motor mount bracket.

Same with the front tranny mounts in 64 -- I think the drive train sets just a bit lower, until the transverse spring is installed, which then pushes the engine up to the same static height as the earlier cars.

No documented proofs, except those plates ARE different, just my personal observations, ymmv,

Bill Strickland