<VV> 2013 Convention

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Thu Feb 17 18:31:20 EST 2011

The Springfield IL chapter has begun to commence to start to maybe seriously
think about 2013, but they haven't put together a bid or anything.  I
believe they are planning on a serious conversation next month with --H and
others.

But don't let this info stop anybody from starting to put in a bid.  They
may have an attack of good judgment!  VBG!!!  Central Illinois can be hot as
Texas in the summer, but it is a wet heat.  Oh wait, that's not what you
want to hear!  All the corn and soy beans growing across the street insures
humidly.  We also have some spectacular thunderstorms, which you can see
coming for about 2 days from across the plains.

Remember the thunderstorm in St.Louis Convention (actually Collinsville IL),
which was on a straight line course for the convention concours...and then
dissolved just before it got to the Mississippi River.  Lots of people at
convention didn't like the councours cancellation, resulting with massive
PO-ness abounding actually and understandably, but it could have been real
ugly if the storm had crossed the river.  No body on the ground knew what it
was going to do.  I was in our motel room watching out the window with the
weather channel on, and decided to stay there.  There's not a Corvair on the
planet worth getting struck by lighting for.

But don't ask me about the time standing in the pits at Road America during
a massive Wisconsin thunderstarm, next to a light pole, with water running
thru my shoes and unable to see the 4 story media center across the track.
I was younger then.  Still invincible and going to live forever.  Not any
more.  Reality sets in eventually, for most of us.

Historically Yours,
			James