<VV> DC Convention

Ray Rodriguez III vairguy at echoes.net
Fri Feb 18 03:25:34 EST 2011

If it has been a a long time,  you folks from far off places might not have
had the opportunity to see the Smithsonian Air and Space museums new Stephen
F. Udvar Hazy Center (aint that a mouthful?).

This is a fairly new sattelite location of the national air and space museum
and if you ask me it puts the one downtown to shame!  Definitely a "must
see" for anyone who likes aircraft at all.  They also have one of the space
shuttles there... indoors!  It's incredible to stand under that beast and
see both how HUGE and bulky it is.  Also the SR-71 with the standing speed
record sits right in the center.  The record was set on it's way to be
parked there... Los Angeles To Washington D.C. (World Record): Distance:
2,299.67 statute miles...Time: 1 hr 04 min 19.89 secs...Average Speed:
2,144.83 mph.  This museum is in Chantilly, Virginia in a rural area just
outside DC on the west side.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
66' Corsa 140 coupe
63' Monza PG (winter driver)
65' Corsa 140 coupe  (under construction)