<VV> original GM Corvair Lifters - resurfacing

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 00:02:53 EST 2011

Tony, once the lifter base has been resurfaced, its like a new lifter,
so there isn't a mismatch pattern that can take out the cam. Like
rings, they "wear in" to the cam and as long as that happens in a good
way they should last a long time. But as a lifter wears, so does the
cam and older cams may have lost their correct profile and may quit
turning the lifter on each lift cycle, A line forms, and the lifter
and cam quickly wear from there.
Another consideration is the reduced lenght with a lifter that has
been resurfaced. It will change valve train geometry so when you put
that back together check the geometry. You may have to get longer push
rods so the rocker pushes straight down on the valve stem.
Mark Durham