<VV> The Times, They's a' Changin'

lechevrier at earthlink.net lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 10:17:41 EST 2011

> The push mower is 16 years old and the original 3.5 hp briggs still runs like it was new.? My wife ...

Much like the idea that it is far less common to fix things than it is replace them, the language also changes.

Used to be the "push mower" was what the wife used to keep that youthful figure while cutting the grass -- no one (or is it three and a half) named H P Briggs involved.  Just the quiet sound of a whirring blade, accompanied by a young lass in shorts.

Just longing for Spring,

Bill Strickland