<VV> boost retard testing

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 20:13:11 EST 2011

My 63 turbo has recently started pinging rather badly when in boost.   I
only use premium gas, and have looked for vacume leaks (none found) and have
switched brands of fuel too.  Still it pings in boost, but not when pulling
hills under a load.  I tried "checking" the boost retard to see if it is
working by blowing down the hose to it with my mouth, but that doesn't move
it.  Does it require more pressure than that?  I can push the arm with  a
screwdriver, but that takes a lot of pressure to move it.  Is a  small air
compressor needed to test it?   Thanks!  Mark Francis  63 turbo

 Yes... minimum 2- psi..  for earlies   4 psi for lates..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/