<VV> early crossed flags emblem colors?

Ray Rodriguez III vairguy at echoes.net
Sat Feb 26 20:28:01 EST 2011

I've scoured the internet but haven't convinced myself I have the correct paint scheme figured out for the 102hp engine lid flag eblem on my 63' Monza.  In the end if I don't like the way it is supposed to be I might just do it my own way, but I'd like to know what is correct before I decide.

I found repros where both flags (left and right) are basically solid black, and the center is red.  This doesn't seem right to me and I've seen inconsistencies in the paint scheme of other repro emblems so I figured I'd ask the experts =).  The right flag is clearly meant to be a "finish line" flag... why the heck would ALL the squares be black?  Makes no sense to me.  Also seems to me the flag on the left should be red, but that is just based on Corvette emblems I've seen and might not apply to Vair' badges.

Thank ye again,

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
66' Corsa 140 coupe
63' Monza PG (winter driver)
65' Corsa 140 coupe  (under construction)