<VV> Multiplex in a 65 coupe

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 18:45:45 EST 2011

First, good luck o finding a 1965 3 knob multiplexer! They are rarer than
hen's teeth. On my 65 Corsa I have a multiplexer form 1966. Also I believe
that I have read somewhere in GM radio documentation that I have acquired
that in late 1965 the 4 knob versions were being installed. I that is so
then a late 1965 car could have had a 4 knob multiplexer. s to the front
speaker in the door, I am with Seth on not cutting into the doors. I took
the same speakers and grilles, made up blocks of wood to mount them on to a
flush surface, covered the wood with black vinyl and screwed them as high up
as I could on the wheel well humps under the dash. They look and work just
fine there. I used all original reproduction harnesses for the front and
rear 6x9 speakers. In the case of my car, a convertible, I bought the repro
cardboard boxes form Clarks. It all sound very "vintage" of course. AM and
FM broadcasts are crap around here unless you are into rap that is. So I
bought a Pyle FM modulator that you run the antenna wire through. I mounted
the modulator under the dash and hooked it to a XM radio that I mounted
inside the glove compartment. Works great! I can also hook the Pyle
modulator to my I-pod if I want to.  If anyone wants to see photos of the
install email me privately.

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN