<VV> Priming Lifters

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 13:28:48 EST 2011

I have primed lifters for over 40yrs. Can't understand the discussion [it's a MUST!] . When I send the block out to be machined, I put the new lifters in a coffee can with the orifices up. Cover them with racing oil [usually Amalie {my sponsor in the past}], and when the engine parts come back from the machine shop [usually 2 weeks], all the air has bled itself out of the lifters . Then they are ready for installation. I prime the whole engine with a fixture before starting.There are a lot of ways to do it, but , I have found this to be the easiest.
Bob Isaac
Moonpie Racing