<VV> Tires

Karl Haakonsen (cityhawk@pobox.com) karlhaakonsen at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 22:28:07 EST 2011

So, I searched Coker tires' website and found only 2 P185/ 80R13, both BF Goodrich wide whitewalls for $188. Now, I can deal with pricey (I'd rather have less expensive tires, but at least if there were tires available and they are high quality, I can deal with spending a little more for them. But I don't believe wide whitewalls were ever an option for a 1966 Corvair.

I know there are many here who say that you should just go to a 14" rim, but what of those of us who want a stock-looking Corvair with stock wheel covers and stock-looking narrow whitewalls (and a reasonably accurate speedometer)?

Karl in Boston

1966 Monza convertible 110/PG

www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog