<VV> tires

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Jan 4 18:03:56 EST 2011

Bruce Schug wrote:

Ed - I would caution you about running 185/70-13's on a Corvair, ...

Bill Strickland replied:

And what are you cautioning us against, Bruce?  The Tire Police are going to swoop down and do what?

I've got'em on my Sixty 4-door, which won last years automatic class in the PNW Econo-Run, and no one cautioned me about my tires, either before or after ...

I now comment:

I have no objection to the use of 185/70-13 tires on a Corvair, provided

-That you find a tire with adequate load-carrying capacity.  Year ago, this was easy.  Not only were such tires readily available, but there was a time when high-quality performance-oriented tires were available in this size;

-That you are happy with the odometer/speedometer overread that such a tire will provide, being that it is shorter overall than the original Corvair tires.

Some people (and I suspect that Bruce is among them) do not care for the appearance of these tires, small as they are.  But that, too, is a personal-choice consideration.

Bob Marlow