<VV> tires

lechevrier at earthlink.net lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 23:19:35 EST 2011

>-That you are happy with the odometer/speedometer overread that such a tire will provide, being that it is shorter overall than the original Corvair tires.

Guess I need to add a comment here -- stock Corvair speedometers are not that accurate if they have not been "calibrated" -- it just happens that the odometer error in my Sixty and the size of my 185-70x13's are a near perfect match, reading 100.2 miles over a distance the State says is 100.4.

It has been well measured as it is a common location for "MIDNIGHT RUNS" of the Cannonball type with the goal of less than one hour (only if you miss all the deer).  My speedo is also pretty close, as trying to hold 50 mph (without cruise) over this distance, it was exactly two hours traveling time. The lack of traffic makes it a nice place to drive slow (or fast). The State is aware of it's reputation and it is patrolled.

The "secret" place?  Klamath Falls to Lakeview, both in southern Oregon -- the racer types run it the other way, Lakeview to Klamath Falls, as it can be done a few seconds faster. East or north out of Lakeview is equally unpopulated, if anyone is interested, but not the even 100 miles to anywhere.

Bill Strickland