<VV> Corvairs and Trains

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 13:48:33 EST 2011

Speaking of Corvairs and Trains, real trains, not toys, our esteemed
friend, Lon Wall, is quit the aficionado of real trains -- remember the
tales he tells of following the tracks of railroads in a Corvair?  He
also volunteers with an outfit that operates a real steam "tourist"
train in eastern Oregon.

As an adjunct to that, during my college days, I worked as a locomotive
fireman for the Southern Pacific one summer.

And Dad, bless him, retired on top of the seniority board as a
locomotive engineer with SP -- it wasn't a hobby, it was a job!

Bill Strickland