<VV> metallic brake shoe - self adjusters

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jan 9 01:06:12 EST 2011

That does make sense, but I never experienced any problems running with
self adjusters and Velvetouch brakes.

The "no stop when cold" was very noticeable in the Corvair. Not
disturbing, but noticeable for the first stop or two leaving the house
in the morning.

This cold effect is not noticed with the 1970 Buick wagon. That 4400
pounds gets the shoes hot the first stop out of the driveway even in
freezing weather! Note, car does not have power brakes! Metallics make
the car stop much shorter than organics.

Frank DuVal