<VV> metallic brake shoe - self adjusters

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 20:33:50 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/9/2011 1:07:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

That  does make sense, but I never experienced any problems running with
self  adjusters and Velvetouch brakes.

Nor did I.  Velvetouch recommended a fine cut for resurfaced  brake drums
(for a smooth friction surface) and "seating the shoes" by  doing ten to
twenty quick, no slide stops.  I flushed and replaced the  brake fluid too.  The
already good LM brakes became great brakes with  properly installed
Velvetouch shoes.  They never faded on me even when  heavily loaded going down a s
teep hill.

Bob