<VV> metallic brakes

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 01:43:31 EST 2011

To throw my two bits on the adjuster talk, remember that this advice
came from the first days of self-adjusters, when many folks were
uncomfortable with them, and often perfectly good self-adjusters were
removed from many vehicles by folks who wanted "regular" brakes -- sorta
like the automatic chokes that got disabled -- folks of those days
wanted to 'Do It Themselves'.

Today, in Corvairdom, some might think of them as Cavemen.

Although I have never had problems with metallic drum brakes, I can
recall tales of  folks claiming their drums were "eaten up" by
self-adjusting metallic brakes.

Bill Strickland